Adding Artwork Tip

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sianspheric, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

So...if you have been trying to add album artwork for all the files in your iPod Touch there are two methods.

1. right clicking and selecting "get album artwork". Most people are aware of this, it's pretty damn simple, but I believe it send user stats to apple by doing this.

BUT, if you get a message saying "unable to find artwork" there is another method of adding art, do a google search for the album you want art, once you find an image, open it and right click "copy" (you do not need to save to your PC), then go into iTunes, select the files for the album and right click "Get Info", in the little "Artwork" box, right click "paste" and you should see the image added, once you select "OK" iTunes will attach that image to all the files for that album (or individual track).

Some people are probably well aware of this, but I think it's a nice little option that is worth using. Especially considering that itunes will only have artwork for stuff on sale in the iTunes music store.
  2. chopshop

chopshop New Member

I use the same method to ad album art, but I had to make sure to put it in each file or it would not display correctly on my touch. I did this by selecting all the songs in the album and then hitting 'get info'. From there you see a box on the lower right which says album art, which is where I pasted the art for a multiple file get info. This may not be needed for everybody, but if you add to one song of an album and it doesn't show for the rest, you can use this method.
  3. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    great info, just learned an easier way to add artwork to my files, thx

I was right clicking and saving images to my computer and then dragging images into my song file on the lower left corner area while song was playing. Your way is much easier & faster.