Adding apps without wi-fi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qarg, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Qarg

Qarg New Member

Hay thar, I have an old 1g ipod touch that i finally got going thanks to the help of this forum! thanks! I finally moved on up to the newest firmware, 3.1.3, and used the spirit jailbreak on it and it appeared to work (even tho someone said it wont jailbreak when u have newest itunes, 9.0.2 or whatever). But, the thing is, I don't have a wi-fi connection and have no idea how to put apps or whatever that i fer reel bought onto my now jailbroken iphone. is there any way to install apps on an itouch without wifi? how would i go about putting things onto my touch without having access to a wireless connection? or is it that i did not jailbreak it correctly? thanks in advance!

ps - im a supar newb, so if i sound dumb, its cuz i am lol. thanks again!
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Redsnow is a much more stable jailbreak and is recommended for 1G. Any how, to install apps just download in iTunes and sync. This forum does not support piracy if that's what your asking help with. If you do not have WiFi access there is no way to transfer files to your device. You need afc in cydia to transfer via usb but you need WiFi to use cydia.
  3. Qarg

Qarg New Member

whoa whoa if im talking about piracy its only cuz im in pittsburgh and love baseball. i bought all these apps see. bought them with monies. for reel. however, i have no way to put them on my iphone because i really, really, really dislike using itunes appstore and syncing them in.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Lol, your only options are to download through wifi and download on iTunes+sync. You have to choose one of them. And since you don't have wifi, then you kind of only have one option.
  5. eggson27

eggson27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that's kind of your only choice though if you don't have wifi..
  6. steelersfan32

steelersfan32 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait do you mean jailbroken apps or "app store" apps? If you mean jailbroken, use cyder. If you mean "app store", then your out of luck.
  7. Qarg

Qarg New Member

is it possible to get wifitrak or some equivalent program for free? also, could i install it without being on wifi? i dont know the name of an app that makes this thing useful for finding wifi. it wont detect networks at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

any ideas? all i really wanted was wifitrak or whatever the free equivalent was anyways
  8. steelersfan32

steelersfan32 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wifitrak was removed from the app store. I searched iTunes for "wifi finder" and got a ton of apps, most free.
  9. Qarg

Qarg New Member

those apps dont do what wifitrak does? those apps give u some big list of hotspots, and i dont think they really help you connect to networks in the same way that wifitrak does. wtf would they remove the most useful application?
  10. Maxg

Maxg New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you have a windows wifi compatible computer just make an ad-hoc network and you can share your internet with your ipod