Adding Apps to Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by BLKLBL, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I downloaded some free Apps through iTunes but I dont know how to install them onto my Ipod Touch. I can see the free Apps in iTunes in the Applications Tab but I don't know how to get them on my Ipod Touch.

Is it because my Ipod Touch is jail broken? Does that mean I have to add the Apps a different way? I'm not sure...I jail broke my Ipod Touch about 2 years ago so I'm not exactly a wizard when it comes to understanding how this process should work.

Can anyone lend me a hand? It would be really helpful..thank you!!
  2. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You said you jailbroke your iPod Touch 2 years ago. Are you still on the same firmware? Or have you updated it recently?
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You have to be on 2.0+

Upgrade.
  4. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah that's what I was trying to convey in my original message that I haven't dealt with anything to do with jail breaking in 2 years..so whatever I downloaded back then is what I have on there now. I'm not sure how to check exactly which version I have. I know it's 1.1. something...Do I need to know which version I have or I can just go straight to updating to version 2? Is there a version higher than 2? since you added the plus sign there I'm assuming there's at least a version 3? Can I go from the version I have now straight to the latest release?

And how exactly do I update my firmware? thanx!
  5. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, You may have to pay though, but it's really worth it. You can update, and then when you want an app to your iPod, Just press Sync on the corner once you've chosen the app.
  6. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's pretty lame that I'm gonna have to end up paying just so I can add free Apps.
  7. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch