Add rtf or doc files to Stanza

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by rainman1962, Sep 18, 2008.

1. rainman1962

rainman1962 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    According to the App store Stanza will read .doc and .rtf. However, I have searched and searched and can find no way to ssh the documents into my ipod. I used to use the book.app which worked great under 1.1.4. One source suggested going to /var/mobile/applications/(long hex string for Stanza)/documents and adding them there. I tried this but no joy. I also tried adding them to /var/mobile/applications/(long hex string for Stanza)/documents/library as this appears to be where the sample books are kept...still no joy. Any idea if this can be done. I have a large number of rtf documents that I used with Book.app and now I can't read them easily.

Thanks
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

DOC and RTF files have to be converted for Stanza to recognize them. This is done with the Stanza Desktop program advertised on their website... and that program, last I looked, is Mac-only.
  3. rainman1962

rainman1962 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK. I figured it out. Actually there is a Windows versions now. Once this is downloaded you must select Enable Sharing under Tools. Once you do this and are connected via wifi to the computer with the Desktop Stanza, select Open File, select the file and it will show up in Shared Files. Once it is in the shared files folder it can be downloaded into your ipod.