Add all synchronized songs to a playlist?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by EuroMartin, Jul 11, 2008.

1. EuroMartin

EuroMartin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi,

I have spent a lot of time using the checkboxes next to the songs to select which songs to sync to my Touch.
    Now I realize that it would have been smarter to add the songs to a "Martin's" playlist instead. That way, my wife and I could easily play only the songs we like and she wouldn't have to be bothered with Kraftwerk or Tangerine Dream in between of her Robbie Williams songs. ;-)

I want to put all songs that have checkboxes checked (i.e. all songs currently on the iPOD) into a playlist.
    If the checkbox would have been a column of its own - which it really should have been - it would have been very easy to sort all songs so that all synchronized songs showed up on top of the others. Now I would have to scroll through thousands of songs looking for the checked ones and drag them to my playlist...
    Clicking on "Music" under my iPOD in the left column shows all music which is synced but all is greyed out! I cannot do anything with this view. What is the meaning of this view?

Please, is there anyone who knows how to do this?

Cheers
    Martin
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not as far as I know. That's why if I want to copy only specific songs in my library to their own playlist, I control-click the songs I want as I go through the list, then drag those over.

Yes, it's a pain in the ass. Unfortunately I know of no other way. You can sync only checked songs to your device, but that doesn't work for copying over to a playlist.