Add Album Art Work Without An iTunes Account

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iPodiTouch, Dec 29, 2007.

1. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

Is there a way of adding album artwork to an iPod Touch without using iTunes to insert? Recently I was asked this question so I decided to post this quick step by step guide to heal all those who do not know how to do this.

This is pretty simple to do and you don't need a iTunes account:
    Step1. Find the name of the song you want to add album artwork for (lets say the song is Alicia Keys " No One" )
    Step 2: Go on the internet and search for Album Alicia Keys No One ( I personally find Amazon is a good source for finding almost any album)
    Step 3: Go to the link to the Album save the Album cover picture and might want to write the Genre, Year Album Release, that kind of stuff if you want I mean
    Step 4: Then Go To iTunes and Select the song you want to add the artwork for and right click on it and select Get Info
    Step 5: Go to the Artwork tab and browse to where you have stored save you the Album Artwork and Select it
    Step 6: Click Ok then Sync your iTouch or iPod (which ever you have) and you album artwork will be on your iTouch or iPod when you to select them on your iTouch or iPod
    Note: The procedure is the same for any ipod device
  2. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is my own opinion

It's quite useless and waste a lot of time.

When don't you just simply register a account within 1 minute

And then just let iTunes do its own job..

But anyway.. someone may need this guide =)
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

Thanks for the information I will try it out and see if it works
  5. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh, it works ok... I use it on a couple systems - even with an iTunes account, there is just some art iTunes does not have.

You need to install .Net framework 1.1
  6. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

Or you can make a Itunes account with out having to register a credit card...

Click Me
  7. Dan4hockey99

Dan4hockey99 New Member

There is an easier way

in order to do this enter the artist name song name and album name into the song info. ** you must have the exact name of the album and it should show it below in the itunes store section** then go to the bottom right corner. there is a box. it should say no album artwork. then right click and click on "get album artwork" wait a few secs.. and there u go....im not sure if u need an tunes account...i like this way because no searching involved

Please Register or Log in to view images

note works with 7.5
  8. SynnR

SynnR New Member

albumart.org is also a useful website.
  9. onesilentlight

onesilentlight New Member

WOW! Thanks so much for telling me about this program. I had to install .NET 1.1 framework, but afterwords, it works like a breeze! Really great program, makes it really easy to manually install the album work that won't install automatically. It installs many album covers automatically, very quickly, easily as well. Great program! Thanks!
  10. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can do this without having to save the album art, just copy and paste it into the square box when you click "Get Info" on a song. Saves time.

Please Register or Log in to view images