Ad Volume

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by vahnx, Oct 6, 2010.

1. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I was just wondering if the site would consider muting the volume on the ad's by default. Sometimes I'll be viewing a random page on the site and hear an advertisement, and then you don't see it right away because it's all the way at the bottom of the page (which is several scrolls down), and I don't see a mute button to click on and I don't want to click the ad and go to another website by accident.
  2. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am also experiencing this, adverts playing really annoying voices and I cannot mute them.

I know advert content is beyond the site's control, but I was just wondering if there are any other alternative fixes to it.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    this is unacceptable and i will take it up with our ad networks. next time, can you please scroll down and take a screenshot of the ad so that i can try to track it down? thanks!
  4. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    I was going to post a screenshot of the advert, but the few times it has happened to me, the audible advert seemed to be advertising something entirely different to anything on the page so I figured it would be pointless.

I'll look out next time it happens though.
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I got a Resolve ad.
  6. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ya I believe it was for resolve or some cleaner. I was thinking of print screening or pastebining the page source, will do next time.

Update: Had 2 in a row, not sure if it was the same page reloading a new add because of my tabs, but here's a screenshot and the sourcecode of the page w/ the Frenches ad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I get it with some strepsils ad. Seems to be the same type of ad though. Hadn't had one for a day or so, now I get one on every page I get to.

8. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yup, this is the one I heard too, but the advert itself didn't show up on the page.

EDIT: just caught one. they seem to be called 'Interactive Advertisements' since thats what the squares in the corner say when you hover over it.

9. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    OK guys, thanks for all of the reports so far. What site does it take you to when you click on the little "interactive advertisement" icon? I'm trying to track down the source of these ads but it's hard because i don't see them on my end.
  10. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    On the ones I've encountered, it just takes me to the product's site. Like, the Strepsils one took me to www.strepsils.co.uk.