So my parents' house is wifi free, and there's no real reason for that to change. Or at least, my ipod touch is certainly not enough of a reason. The solution for when I'm at said house is/would be broadcasting wireless from my laptop, which does have a wifi card. (Internets are useful for updating stuff on my jailbroken ipod...) I've got the ad-hoc connection working. But not completely. I can browse the internet on the touch, and view the application store/cydia, and even use Youtube. But any time I try to download stuff through app store/cydia these, it times out. Images and such load in the browser. I've got Gmail working in the Mail application, but it's failing to check my university's email (Which I've set up successfully half a dozen times in the past). I can even ping the ipod from my computer successfully. That's the best case. Sometimes I just get the connection, and all that works is using Google in Safari. Anything else on the web (e.g. apple.com) that I try in these cases doesn't work. Pinging from computer still works in these cases. I know for a fact that all of these features can work on an ad hoc network... that's what friends and I did at hostels while in Australia (aka ad-hoc -> sharing free internets). I got the touch 2 days before leaving for Australia, so this is the first chance I've had to experiment with doing the ad-hoc myself. (In case you wondered) My conclusion is that something on my computer is limiting anything connected to the ad hoc network from fully using the internet. Any ideas what to fix? -I'm sharing the Local Area Network with the wireless -The best case result is generally reached turning Windows firewall off.... Sometimes I get lesser connectivity with the firewall on, sometimes just as much. -Using Win XP SP2 or 3 -Jailbroken 2g Ipod Touch 3.0OS -In "Internet Connection Sharing" settings, I've enabled all services for both the LAN and WIFI -Pinging without a problem. Yup. Any details I forgot, let me know x_x (I've updated this post from one I made on a private friends forum... possible source of inconsistencies) I'm trying to figure out how to get the ad hoc wifi connection to let my ipod do everything it ought to on the internet. Something's blocking me from using app store/cydia fully. Below is stuff from command line, as well as the Ipod's wireless configuration... Code: C:\>arp -a Interface: 192.168.0.1 --- 0x50002 Internet Address Physical Address Type 192.168.0.53 00-25-4b-1a-72-62 dynamic Interface: 192.168.1.238 --- 0x50005 Internet Address Physical Address Type 192.168.1.2 00-09-5b-07-55-cc dynamic 192.168.1.10 00-1e-8c-80-39-57 dynamic The first entry there is the ipod. I know that because the physical address matches the wifi address of the ipod. Using "ipconfig /all" tells me that the 2nd and 3rd physical addresses don't match those of my wireless card or ethernet card. Probably not relevant...? For whatever reason, the 2nd physical address is the only one that always shows up when i use "arp -a". No idea why. Haven't considered it worth my time to find out why either. Code: C:\>ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Network Bridge: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : REDACTED LOL.com IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.238 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 Those are the two active networks... e.g. the wireless connection (top) and the wired connection. And no, my computer's not directly connected to the internet, but rather through dad's home network. I can't see that mattering since my laptop has full access to everything I want the ipod to have access to. Thus laptop should give full access to the ipod... (And yes, I have admin powers on my laptop) Code: C:\>ping 192.168.0.53 Pinging 192.168.0.53 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.0.53: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.0.53: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.0.53: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 Reply from 192.168.0.53: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 Ping statistics for 192.168.0.53: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 2ms Nothing noteworthy there other than that stuff is working. Code: IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.53 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Router. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 DNS . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 That's the Static entry for the connection on my ipod.