Ad Hoc Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by etgohomeok, Jul 14, 2008.

1. etgohomeok

etgohomeok New Member

Jul 11, 2008

About a week ago, I set up a Computer to Computer (ad hoc) network on my laptop. I managed to connect using my iPod Touch, and everything worked fine. I could access my computer and control it via VNC (the iPod is jailbroken), I could FTP into it, I could access my laptop's web server from the iPod, and I even managed to allow the iPod to connect to my computer's Internet, hence making the laptop work like a router for my iPod.

The thing is, I deleted the ad hoc network and am now trying to set it up again. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything the exact same way I did it earlier. However, I'm having a problem.

I set up the network, and it shows up on my iTouch. However, when I try to connect, it loads for a second or two, then says that it was unable to connect to the network. Despite this, however, it seems to connect to the network. I checked and I have an IP address, and I can even temporarily do stuff like FTP into it.

The thing is, it disconnects after about 10 seconds. It's almost like the computer is somehow kicking out my iPod and dropping its connection. I've been able to connect to other wireless networks and access the Internet, so I know that the problem is not with the iPod.

I've also tried disabling my firewall and changing around all kinds of settings, still nothing.

I hope I explained this properly.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. mcrsteven

mcrsteven New Member

Feb 17, 2008

i was on 1.1.1 and i updated and to 1.1.4 and then i was unable to connect to my ad hoc network i moved the settings around and nothing sometimes a message pops up and says the ip adreses are conflicting. i look at the connection status and it is local only im not sure if the update changed anything or its my computer but if u find a solution please hit me up.