ad-hoc Network

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shiva86, Nov 7, 2007.

1. shiva86

shiva86 New Member

Hey, does anyone know if u can set up an ad-hoc network on the iPoT so two of them can be connected without the need of a wireless router?
    I'm not talking about connecting directly to a laptop's wireless network, which is fairly easy, but connecting two ipods directly
  2. Yoshi and Roy

Yoshi and Roy New Member

I don't have any idea what this does, or what it is for that matter, but this might help you.

Go to Settings -> General -> VPN. I don't know what the hell it does, but it might be a step in the right direction for you. Maybe I'm wrong. VPN probably stands for something really basic and I'm just too dumb to get it.
  3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Stand for Virtual Private Network. This won't do anything. There will have to be a firmware hack to allow this.
  4. flash84x

flash84x New Member

this would be awesome to integrate with send song or something so that we could share music files
  5. solidusp228

solidusp228 New Member

hmmp so it would be sorta like an IR or Blue tooth transfer... but via wifi... :O
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    supposedly if you have the newest verison of sendsong, and sendfile installed. on BOTH ipods, you can send music to each others ipods via wifi. im not sure how as i havent looked into it nor do i have 2 ipods, but its one of the features.
  7. defaliz

defaliz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch