Ad-Hoc network won't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Achisto, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Achisto

Achisto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello,
    I'm away from home for some weeks and at the place I am I don't have WLAN. But I need to search for some things in Cydia, so I'd need it.
    So I tried to create an Ad-Hoc network under Windows 7 (I'm Admin).
    I've got LAN going in my laptop and want to create WLAN going out of my laptop.
    So I created the Ad-Hoc network, everything fine so far, at the PC it worked all fine. I named it "HotSpot" and want it to be WPA2.
    Then I activated WIFI in my IPT Settings and clicked on the network, typed in the password and then there's the message (see the fiorst picture)
    So I tried to manually connect, typed in the name, security and the password and..the same message (second picture)

So now I don't know what to do, I had searched google, and IPTF.com (there are some similar threads but they don't explain my problem) but found nothing....
    Thank you for your help!

EDIT: My IPT 3G is running on Firmaware 4.0 and my PC is an Windows 7 64 bit. If you need any more information to it's Wifi-Card etc. please say it!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I only had german screenshots now there is one english one, too!

Attached Files:

2. iThemesAndMore

iThemesAndMore New Member

i had this prob b4, take off the password and it should be fine connetcting(atleast thats what worked for me)
  3. Achisto

Achisto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That I have already tried, too, but it didn't work. I tried it (only to test it!) with all the different security sttings which are possible.
    Apart of that, I don't want to have the network complete open, if I did that everyone could link in and just see all the data on my PC...