Ad-hoc (ICS error)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Daemonfaa, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Daemonfaa

Daemonfaa New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Ok, i have managed to setup my ad-hoc, and i can connect to it from my Ipod touch

However, i get no internet from network, and when I'm in the advanced tab of thw wireless network, i check the "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" I get an error that says

"ICS cannot be enabled due to an IP adress conflict on the network...blah blah blah...please ensure no other client on the network is using"

Now, i have no idea what to do about this, the only thing i could think of is being on a wired network i am 0.4, but I'm totally stumped

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: I've made some headway (i think), by enabling another network connection 2 wired and the wireless i can use the repair option for the wireless, but it fails at getting a new IP

EDIT EDIT: I've managed to get it to say connected on my computer now, and get 'excellent connection', the ipod also shows max signal, but when i go into safari it says its not connected to the internet

EDIT EDIT EDIT: It looks like the only problem i have now is not having any internet, but full connection (also, i still cant set that option i originally talked about
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If it makes any difference the card im using is Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter which is built into my motherboard

I'm also guessing that to get this to work i have to change my IP on the network i get internet from to 0.1 because all tuts I've followed so far seem to miss out this detail
  2. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Jun 29, 2009
    Ok,i know what your problem is. i saw the problem as soon as it said ip conflict. you need to make sure NO IPOD OR COMPUTER OR PC is using the same IP address as the other. if that means setting a static IP address, then so be it, you need to fix that little detail. then the internet will work. but, im pretty sure that when theres an ip conflict that both ip users are affected but idk about that.