ad-hoc for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Blazid, May 7, 2008.

1. Blazid

Blazid New Member

Hey,

I am aware that there already is a ad-hoc thread, but it has been dead since 1-24-2008.
    I know that EVERY wifi chip is able to create a ad-hoc network so i guess the only problem is that there is no software yet, if anyone would make this kind of app, you would REALY help the community out!
  2. optimo

optimo New Member

3. Crazy

Crazy New Member

I think he might mean iPod Touch -> iPod Touch, not iPod Touch -> CPU
  4. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am pretty sure he means ipod-to-ipod too. This would be awesome.... ability to copy files... and possibly copy videos/music?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Would it be possible to have like a ssh app (Like WinSCP) ON the ipod? they way, you could ssh to your friend, and he can ssh to you. You would need wifi though....
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    omg or like a pictochat type thing that would be sweet!!!
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ad-hoc wow I was just reading up on this earlier today. Its definitly posible. Would be pretty nice for file sharing.
  7. KrakaJap

KrakaJap New Member

Isn't this already possible via terminal session? ssh into another iPod and download whatever you want. I haven't actualy done this but the ssh command is there. The only problem here though is that both iPods would need to be on the same wireless network... they will not create their own wireless networks.

While every wireless chip may retain the "ability" to create an ad-hoc network, I do not believe the iPod implements this feature. It would take some serious coding and core modifications to get something like this working... and this is assuming the iPod's battery has enough power to broadcast a connection of this type. Would be cool though.
  8. C4rL05

C4rL05 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have you tried Copypod?? That works to share files, photos and music ipod -to- ipod.

I have read it can be implemented for mac <-> ipod/iphone, but anything to share windows <-> ipod/iphone, so far.