iOS 4.0 Activation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by all_against_one, Apr 17, 2010.

1. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Quick question.. When I update to 4.0 will iTunes want to activate my phone again? Like will it make me plug it into iTunes and make me verify that my phone is with AT&T or once it is done restoring I can just hop into the springboard and go...?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

iTunes will have to activate it. If either the SIM is missing or UDID is not registered, you're locked out.
  3. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok. Here is what I got.. I have my UDID registered and a SIM card that is not for an iPhone but one that I use in there... Will iTunes go to AT&T's servers to see what's up with the sim card and give me that whole screen on my 3GS saying something like... "Connect to iTunes to activate your iPhone"?
  4. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is no hacktivation for os4 out now. So you need a legit Simcard for your phone if your iphone is from the US you need a valid ATT simcard to activate the phone. Otherwise, you have to downgrade and uses your old FW
  5. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I have an AT&T sim card that I am currently using but it's not for my iPhone.. Could I just pop that in while I restore it for it to work then I take it out and put it back in my old phone?
  6. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

The restore will work always if your UDID is registred, if your UDID is not registred with apple you would get an error while updateing to os4 . And to "activate" the phone to get to Springboard you need a valid simcard with the Simlock your Phone has. So if your Phone got a ATT Simlock you need that card to activate the phone , if your Phone has a Tmobile Simlock you need a valid Tmobile sim.. and so on.
  7. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok I got it now. Will be restoring to 4.0 later on today. Thanks
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

If you register your UDID, click Use for Development in Organizer, you won't have to worry about activation.