Activation via Delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Killionaire, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm getting my iPhone 4 from AT&T in 6-14 days. Anyway, I was wondering, how does activation and the SIM Card work? Does the iPhone 4 come with the Mini SIM already installed? If I activate it, my iPhone 3G becomes phone-less?
  2. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I am almost sure that AT&T will send a microSIM installed with it. And I am 100% sure that your iPhone 3G will become phone-less, but you can unlock it (if its locked) and use another operator with prepaid plan

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. _Cmx_

_Cmx_ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    True. Yes the iPhone will come with a AT&T SIM Card loaded with your data plan. Just pop the card in the SIM slot connect your iPhone to iTunes and follow iTunes on-screen instructions to activate the phone. You can use carrier unlocks to unlock your phone to allow different carriers.
  4. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ah. So the SIM won't be in the phone, but it will come in the box?
  5. Honda

Honda Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, the sim is already planted in the iP4, you just need to call AT&T to activate it or visit https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/ to activate your new iP4.
  6. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    technically, you can use take the SIM card from your old 3G and put it in the iP4. You'll need to get a SIM-card cutter.

If you do this, then you can have all your contacts ready to export to your iP4, and you'll probably won't need to activate your iPhone 4. Plus, your 3G won't be phoneless, if you are willing to spend a couple bucks on eBay and get a micro-SIM adapter. Then, you can swap phones whenever you want, which is awsum
  7. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Since no one here has actually answered the question:

The iPhone 4 comes with the simcard already installed. When you plug it in to iTunes for the first time the phone will be activated and your old phone will stop being able to receive calls with the old sim card. End of story.