Activation issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benson112, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Benson112

Benson112 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hi all,

Im looking for some advise before i launch my phone out the nearest window!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Basically, im on a 2g, 3.0.1, jailbroken and unlocked...hence push does not work.

Now i really want push to work for various reasons and have spent all last night trying all the possible solutions (pushfix from cydia, manual push fix via winscp, airplane mode on/off) and nothing works. From a whole day of reseach it seems that the reason push doesnt work is because it was "hacktivated" not activated. So my last option is to attempt to activate it legit. I.e. according to some things ive read...pop in an authorised carrier sim, activate then jailbreak.

The problem im having is, it still wont activate. Ive tried an O2 PAYG sim...nothingh and a contract sim...and still nothing. I get the standard "incorrect sim" message (cant remember what it actually says but you know the one i mean)

So the question is...why cant i activate it? Ive read on the O2 website that you can activate a second hand iphone with a current PAYG sim, but it doesnt work at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help, much appreciated.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You'll need to jailbreak it with a custom firmware that does not hactivate it and then use a legit carrier's SIM to activate it - In the U.S. we have to use AT+T but it really doesn't matter the plan kind (this is only to get it past the activation screen).

I am not sure why your O2 SIM is not working; did you restore it before trying all this?