iPhone 3G Activating iPhone 3g after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Diabolical, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Diabolical

Diabolical New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know this forum is flooded with questions and I've gotten by without posting until now. Ok, I just stepped up to iPhone OS 3.0 (I was scared to leave 2.2.1). After Jailbreaking it the activation step was skipped. This might be normal idk, but how do I go about activating it now. BTW I'm on AT&T so no unlocking is necessary. Thanks in advance.
  2. Hghflyrjd1

Hghflyrjd1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    once u jailbreak it you shouldnt need an activation but just put in your sim card or plug it up to itunes it shoud be good
  3. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I am on at&t with no data plan. I have never been able to simply jailbreak my iPhone and pop in my SIM and have service. I have always had to unlock as well.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have seen similar situations and there something in the JB hactivation that seems to cause AT+T to not work without doing an unlock.

The only way I found around it was to use Pwnage Tool and choose to not activate the phone; then after the JB pop the SIM in and it will activate through AT+T (can't remember for sure if had to be connected to iTunes but I don't think so).
  5. Hghflyrjd1

Hghflyrjd1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    whats the big deal about unlocking it if thats how u get it to work then whats the issue its better to have it unlocked in case u ever want to sell it or change service