activate your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by softgun84, Sep 22, 2008.

1. softgun84

softgun84 New Member

I just brought a used iphone 8gb. Do I have to go to at&t to activate my the phone or is there another way to activate the phone. How do i know which generation my iphone is and is unlocking it means you can use without activation?

-sorry, i know this topic can't be here...but i dont know anywhere to ask!

-thanksyou
  2. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First we need to know what gen it is. Does it have an aluminum back, or a plastic black/white back?

If it is aluminum, it is a first gen. First gen iPhones can be activated at home and are able to be software unlocked + activated without an ATT contract.

If it is a plastic white/black back, it is an iPhone 3G and you can only activate with ATT at this time, as there is no unlock (at least no software unlock) for it yet.
  3. softgun84

softgun84 New Member

damn, i got into the activation page, and it asks me to upgrade to something call Data plan which I will pay $20 on top of what i am paying for my service. Look like that's the only way I can get my iphone to be activated or is there another way?

-softgun84
  4. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Which kind is it? if it is first gen, download Pwnage for Mac or WinPwn for windows
  5. softgun84

softgun84 New Member

sorry, my iphone is the first generation 8gb with v2.1.
    i am using window, but what does WinPwn for windows really is? can you direct me to a step by step tutorial so i can so i can get a hand on it? paying $20 more each month is a pain in a butt!

-thanks
  6. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Google WinPwn, you will find a few decent guides to help you along the way. Its a pretty straight foward process.
  7. softgun84

softgun84 New Member

I have installed Winpwn, now what? my sim card is in the iphone, but there isn't any signal on the phone. And I believed that while i was installing winpwn, i have activated the phone from one of the options from winpwn. what next?

btw, i have bootneuter on the screen on my iphone, but when I opened it up, it said " couldn't find all required files...please check your installation of this app." , so i need to reinstall the bootneuter?

-thanks