Achieving ultimate synchrony - Status: Blueprinted

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Qwertman, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Qwertman

Qwertman New Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I've got a little project going for myself and I know this is something a lot of people would like to implement so I'll post my progress here and hopefully you guys have some tips to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

I want to be able to edit docs in Quickoffice on my iTouch (even while offline), in GoogleDocs or comparable wherever, and in MS Office on my computer or netbook with everything synced automatically. There are lots of things out there for this kind of thing but each one is missing some part of the equation. After much research and experimentation with different services I've decided to try out the following:

This is Zoho's version of, Dropbox, Sugarsync and the likes. I would sign up for the paid version so that I have ssh access. If anyone knows a good windows app to keep a local machine folder synced with a remote server over SSH let me know!

- Get my iPod synced with Zoho

This is the tricky part! I've got everything all jailbroken and terminals installed and root passwords changed already. I'm thinking the best thing for me to do would be to create a cron job that runs rsync (yes, there is a version of rsync for iPod) to Zoho over SSH if I connect to wifi. It might be nice to have a manual way to run the command also (without having to open terminal).

Well, let me know if you've got any suggestions or see flaws in my plan because I sure could use the help! I'm not new to unix terminals and the likes but I'm by no means savvy with them.