Achievement Unlocked: 1080p Streaming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xinzhitan14, Nov 26, 2009.

1. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't flame me if this has been posted (but i searched and didnt find anything), but just a little bit of information that may interest some of you HD enthusiasts.

Though it's not completely practical as of yet until apple release a HDMI dock or something, 1080p/720p streaming can be streamed through an AirVideo ($3.99AUD in the appstore, definitely worth the price!). The difference on the screen is surprisingly noticeable comparing to a video converted for the ipod touch. What the video does is shares your video folders on your pc and you can choose to convert and stream over the fly or just watch over the fly (if the format is supported). In this case, just watching HD mp4's over the fly works exceptionally well.

Unfortunately the program can only natively stream .mp4 720/1080p formats which makes this kind of useless unless you have plenty of youtube HD videos already in mp4 format. This does not work with any other format unfortunately (mkv's, avi's, etc).

Here's a picture as comparison to show you how much difference there is. I'll upload a video soon haha.

Please Register or Log in to view images

click to enlarge

Youtube video, sorry don't know how to embed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P58-POEcfO4

Cheers!
  2. david.7.x

david.7.x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    cool thats great news for me =D