Acer Sucks >.>

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by JohnnyAndroid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    <rant>
    OK. So, I have an Acer Extensa 4620z(what the hell does the Z mean?) laptop.
    We've had this laptop for about a year and it's so crappy already. My Dell Dimension desktop that I've had for two years still works like a charm! The laptop is so stupid. I've had 3 different operating systems on it and it just fails at being a laptop. It just randomly freezes like all the time. I'll browse the web for a few, head downstairs to get something to drink then come back upstairs and bam it's frozen. Can't move the mouse can't hit ctrl alt del. I have to manually reboot the computer. Then when I try that sometimes it doesn't even boot up. You can hear the hard drive and the green light for the HDD flickers but then nothing the screen doesn't come on and all you can hear is the fan. Also sometimes when it does want to boot, it'll freeze on the little Acer boot screen. Then I have to manually reboot again, but wait this time the dang thing doesn't even stay on for five seconds it boots then powers right back off.
    I hate Acer so much. I tried getting a repair but nothing and all of these problems were happening before the warranty was even up and now I can't get it repaired because no warranty.
    My advice don't buy Acer ever!!
    </rant>
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my friends laptop was the exact same with vista , it was acer too, but i put windows 7 on it for him and now it works awesome ( with some updated drivers) have you tried windows 7 on it?
  3. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    I'm trying to install it with the usb tutorial by Sprint_User. But the laptop is being very difficult and choosing when it wants to boot properly.
    If there were instructions on dismantling it I would do it.
  4. elixile

elixile New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Only Acer Laptops suck, keep that it mind.
  5. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    LOL. I know. I will, it was my sisters at first then it crashed on her so she gave up on it and I took it(like the tech wiz I am thinking I can fix it but nothing!)

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

A bad worksman always blames his tools.
  7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like Acer, pretty good make in my opinion. Also, what is the z for in Nissan 350z?

8. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    WTF! >.> what does that mean, you trying to say I did something to the laptop? You obviously didn't read because I've had my Dell for 2 going on 3 years.

You have an Acer? What does it mean? *runs... and googles it*
  9. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

It means that you are blaming Acer for the 'faulty' laptop that you apparently acquired, when the problem actually lies in yourself. If you don't look after something properly, it won't work.

I have an Acer (and I am on it right now) which has worked flawlessly for one year... I'm not complaining.
  10. JohnnyAndroid

Device:
    iPad 4
    Wow, you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I am the least careless person when it comes to electronics, computers and other devices. I can't help that my laptop decides to just crash on me. I don't understand how you can sit here and try to blame me?

I've also had my Acer for a little over a year and the warranty ran out. I've searched around and read somewhere that the motherboard is usually bad when the computer boots but the screen doesn't come on. I've done my share of trying to fix it and I feel I did a great job it's just the laptop is finished.