Acer computer not turning on properly.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by pyroxp7, Aug 27, 2008.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I am currently using typing this from my iMac, but recently, my Acer Aspire L310(desktop) isn't even turning on properly. Usually when I hit the power switch, it makes a beep noise, indicating it is powering on. But this time, when I hit the power switch, no beep noise, and my computer monitor connected to the computer says no signal (also tested on 3 other working monitors and still nothing showing up).

When I hit the power switch, it looks like it is turning on normally because the power switch flashes a blue light like it normally does, but nothing shows up on my monitor. I can't use anything because I can't see anything or click anything. I waited for a hour hoping something would happen, but nothing.

Afterwards, I unplugged it and tested it in different outlets of the house, but the problem doesn't go away.

This problem occurred 3 days ago when my dad was working downstairs in the basement. He was using the fusebox (power-box that controls all electricity currents in the house) and turned my room power off when my computer was on. When I went upstairs to my room and saw it off, I decided to use it later. The next day, I turned it on, and the problem was there: nothing showing up on monitor, computer not making beep noise when turning on properly, making a noise like I inserted/ejected a CD/DVD out of my computer even though there is nothing in there.

If possible, I will post a video to show you the problem. I'm not sure if something is messed up inside the computer, and am afraid of opening it because I don't want to damage anything because my computer uses laptop parts which can be easily broken.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Waiting for video. At first I thought you were talking about a laptop. Is it possible that the Power Supply was damaged?

Also: I'd remove that REFERRAL LINK in your Signature before a Mod crushes your head in with the Ban Hammer.
  3. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For all you know your computer turns on fine but your monitor is messed up.. Sounds like a bad case of the I/Os!
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you checked the fuse on the plug itself?
    If your dad was messing around with the fusebox, it may have some chance of a short circuit.
  5. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Everything in the fuse box is on, I checked multiple times but still no luck working. Also tested in many parts of the house.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No i meant the fuse in the plug or the power adapter for your PC
  7. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The adapter for my PC is fine. I'm starting to think that there is a problem within the tower, but I'm afraid of ruining the parts.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You are not likely to mess up any of the parts. I dropped a screw driver onto my brand new mother board as i was installing it and nothing bad happened. My heart skipped a few beats but the PC worked fine.

It sounds like something happened with the loss of power, an probable regain of it. It may have done some damage to the power supply. As for these "laptop parts", wtf, no such thing. Just cause that model is a slimline desktop, it still uses standard parts.

Not hearing that beep means the POST has failed. So it can be any number of things. Likely electrical damage, its the kind of thing you may want to take it into a repair center for.