Accomplished - SnowFall Widget on LockScreen only

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SilentWalker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so after a long while with trial and error, and about a million and one resprings, I have finally got the SnowFall Widget to function only on the lockscreen, and stop when the iDevice is unlocked.

So there is no longer lag on your device, and when used in conjunction with 20/60-Minute Lockscreen and a lockscreen widget, you have a beautifully, totally original lockscreen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have only one problem, and I need your help with this. Although this only runs on the lockscreen, when I have the Lockscreen SnowFall Widget activated along with Lockscreen Info (Cal, Weather and Mail on lockscreen), SpringBoard crashes quite often when the keypad to unlock appears. It seems that loading all 3 processes takes quite a toll on the RAM.

So I was hoping someone would re-write the entire Widget in a less 'resource-heavy' language, or at least find a way to rewrite it so that there are less steps involved (uses less RAM to perform any one process, such as rendering and rotating a single flake).

Also the LockWallpaper.jpg takes about 2 seconds to load (I am using relative paths to the User Lock Wallpaper.theme folder)...is there any faster way to achieve this?

Thanks for considering. A million for helping.

Attached Files:

2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ask the developer.
  3. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How? I don't even know him.
  4. LssThanThree