Accidently Upgraded

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by -Sean-, Jan 15, 2008.

1. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

This is sh*t, I was on iTunes, and I figured I would install 1.1.2 to update my Jailbroken 1.1.1, so I downloaded the update, and it install. Great, 1.1.2, I go on my iPod to find all my applications are gone, then I clicked on iTunes to see I had been upgraded to 1.1.3. I right away tried to downgrade to 1.1.1, but it gets an "error 08" or something, then f***ed up my iPod. I had to restore, and now im stuck at 1.1.3, has anyone heard anything about a 1.1.3 Jailbreak in the making?
  2. synagence

synagence New Member

You can just downgrade back to 1.1.1 and start over to get back up to a 1.1.2 jailbreak status ...

Given that 1.1.3 has been out all of 3 hours .... give the hackers a chance to look into it but i would say that the most likely course of a jailbreak will still be starting at a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbreak ipod ..... they didn't even bother trying to directly break 1.1.2 so i doubt they'll do the same here
  3. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

Did you miss the part where I said that trying to downgrade does not work, it breaks your iPod.
  4. parak33t

parak33t New Member

but when you try to downgrade to 1.1.1 it gives you the error, puts into recovery mode, restores your ipod to 1.1.3. Yes I looked at the thing in the sticky but, frankly, it made no sense to me. Especially since I have no idea what iphuc is or how to use it.
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That was a stupid thing to say. They did try to let you have a direct jailbreak from 1.1.2. Unless you want to jailbreak it yourself say something not insulting.
  6. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

Well anyway, until there is a Jailbreak, I advise you to NOT upgrade. I dont see nothing more, my springboard is so... empty.
  7. synagence

synagence New Member

I didn't miss this in the slightest my friend .... i have in fact already gone from Jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and all the way back again so obviously something went slightly wrong somewhere in the process.
  8. parak33t

parak33t New Member

synagence did you downgrade to firmware 1.1.1or 1.1.2?
  9. Chilloutwayne

Chilloutwayne New Member

How did you do it?