Accidental hiding/SSH question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by parak33t, Jan 9, 2008.

1. parak33t

parak33t New Member

Alright first of all I say that I did SEARCH and saw many other problems such as this, but the thing is i don't know if my friends SSH is turned on. So first of all I will state the problem. The problem being is that I jailbroke a friends ipod (he knows nothing about computers). So him not knowing went into the customize app then went into icon display order and was trying to rearrange the icons...From what he has told me he hit the eye in the right hand corner and installed customize, SSH, and installer...I just don't know if SSH is turned on or not. I can't remember but does SSH auto turn on once youve jailbroken it? If not what would I have to do to it, would it needed to be restored? Thanks. I figured if I could just FTP into it and then un-hide the icons that would be easiest, but I guess it wouldn't be a problem to rejailbreak it. Thanks in advance.
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, let me get this straight - he hid Customize, SSH & Installer? Your best bet is to connect via SSH and run Customize to unhid the applications - /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

If Installer is still visible, however, it would be easier to just install Dock.app, run Customize and unhid everything...
  3. parak33t

parak33t New Member

Yeah thats what I was thinking, from what he said he had hid all of the three icons that I had installed which would include installer. What would I have to do if SSH was turned off?
  4. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

if you just jailbroke to 1.1.1 thinks it on automatically
    icon appears only when you have upgraded to 1.1.2
  5. parak33t

parak33t New Member

Yeah, I did the 1.1.2 jailbreak for him so that he could use the internet at school. I am just trying to rememer if SSH was already on for me when I did jailbreak on my touch. So he is probably going to give it to me so I can see what he has done to it.