Accidental 2.2.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomsonboy93, Mar 19, 2009.

1. thomsonboy93

thomsonboy93 New Member

I unlocked my dad's 3g 2.2 iphone 2 weeks ago, but the next day he accidentally updated to 2.2.1. Now the baseband is stuck at 2.30 no matter what firmware i downgrade to. I have tried using custom firmwares that neglect the baseband, until i found out that mac created custom firmwares dont work on xp. BTW I am using Xp. Help!! he is thinking of signing a new two year contract with att. I need a way to downgrade the baseband back to 2.28 either on firmware 2.2 or 2.2.1. Is this possible?
  2. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Refer to this page:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/page/2

Summation: I think he's either going to have to stay with att, or hope that with the next baseband update there will be some way for the dev team to unlock it again.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You're basically SOL!!

Once the iPhone (3G) is on baseband 2.30.03 you can't downgrade it.

I am not sure when the 3.0 software will officially be released but I am guessing the Dev-Team is already looking at jailbreak / unlock options for it.

Without getting a contract (I hate contracts) I would suggest getting a 2G iPhone and using it until there is a fix (might be a while). Or, find a 3G that is not on the latest baseband.