Accessory splash screen disable - 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by lilfellabob, Jun 28, 2009.

1. lilfellabob

lilfellabob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey,
    on firmware 2.2 and below it was possible to disable the accessory attached splash screen by using a hex editor and changing the mobilemediaplayer file. On 3.0 however I'm not sure this is the case, ive had a quick look and cannot even find the right file...
    The reason behind removing the splash screen is so that when something is attached to the ipod or iphone you can still control it - handy for car stereos.
    anyone know how to do it or who to ask?

cheers,

lilfellabob
  2. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought pressing home works? I do it all the time in my car.
  3. lilfellabob

lilfellabob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah pressing home gets u out and u can do other stuff but i mean to be able to pick songs and use mobilemusic app as though its through aux.
    anyway i have found mobilemusicplayer.app now so ill try the old way and post with result.

*update:
    ok i have downloaded 2 different hex editors in search of the string _initializeSplashScreen but cannot find it. Either i am a dud, the hex editors im using are duds or else this method will not work on 3.0.
    for refernce im following this idea --> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=479335

**found solution**

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7972643&posted=1#post7972643

all credit to activea and klause

.."Fire up your hex editor and do replace the heximal values (the numbers on the left) referring to the following words, with zeros !!!:

wantsSplashView
    hideSplashView
    showSplashView
    setSplashViewImage:
    exitPlayerForAccessorySplash
    _accessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification:
    AccessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification
    splashViewImage
    _splashView

Copy MobileMusicPlayer file back to your iPhone OS 3.0 and no more trouble.."