"Accessory not supported for charge" WTF??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThatiPodGuy, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ThatiPodGuy

ThatiPodGuy New Member

i got a ipod touch 2g a while back and i would put it on my dock next ot my bed and use it as an alarm clock. now it gives me the message accessory not supported for charge so it dies every night. Is there anyway to get around this? cuz my ipod touch 1g would charge just fine.

Thank you
  2. DanielNTX

DanielNTX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah it's because they changed the charging pins from the 1g to the 2g. You can get a scosche adapter to charge your device for $30 or just upgrade the dock.
  3. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah like what DanielNTX said. This is ridiculous. My firewire charger wouldn't charge my ipod touch 2g, but it did with my other things.
  4. bluepigster

bluepigster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    YEAH ITS DAMN Iriitating And I'm like wtf I've to spend more moolah.
  5. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I ran into this last year when I got my Nano. I have an Alpine deck in my truck, and had added the ipod cable to it with my 2g Nano. I got the 4g Nano last September, and noticed when I plugged it in that it wouldn't charge it, or keep it charged. One reason I liked the cable so much was that any time I wanted to take the ipod out, it would be at a full charge. I got a scosche adapter on ebay for pretty cheap. They're a little bulky, but it still fits in the slot under my radio with the nano attached. The touch actually fits in there better since it is much slimmer.
  6. ThatiPodGuy

ThatiPodGuy New Member

well crap. thanks. apple suckss! lol