Accessing iTunes Store without giving credit card information

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by mongia_sudhir, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mongia_sudhir

mongia_sudhir New Member

Hi,

I have apple account and I am using same in iTunes, it says account is not suitable to use with iTunes, then If I am going to continue it asks me to give credit card data.

Is there any that I can get access to iTunes Store without giving my credit card info. I want to download free apps from iTunes store.

Thanks in Advance,

Sudhir
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

1. Create a new email.
    2. Start up iTunes and go to iTunes store.
    3. Use your new email to make a new account.
    4. When it gets to the credit card info it will say Visa, Mastercard, etc. At the end of that list it will say no card or something of that nature. Click that.
    5. Continue with the register.
    6. Enjoy free apps!

If it doesn't work you might have to delete and reinstall iTunes.
  3. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Promo programs??

In which country are you?
    In (at least) Germany and the USA, there are Coke promo programs that look something like this (at least this is what I know from Germany):

4 Coke caps -> 4 codes to enter on Coke site -> 1 iTunes song for any account, if it's not activated yet it will be, and then you can also download apps

Or, get an iTunes "pre-paid" card. That also activates the account and you can spend some money on music or non-free apps without giving Apple your credit card info.

Hope this helped,
    lauNchD

EDIT: Oops, I was too slow... JonyW's tip would actually work better since you don't even have to waste your money on Cokes, not tested though ;-)
  4. mongia_sudhir

mongia_sudhir New Member

Thanks for the steps, But I can't see no card options, and Also its doing card number validation with visa/or...

fyi I am in India

Any other clue.

Sudhir