Access ipod without wifi??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Joker, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Joker

Joker New Member

I was wondering if there was any way or program i could use to access my ipod without wifi, for example with the usb??
    Plz answer...
    Thx
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if its like an ipod, and i dont know for sure cuz i stil dont have mine, if u turn hidden files on u shud be able to open it but thats just me
  3. Joker

Joker New Member

Ok, ill check it out, but d you know if there is a special program to download???
  4. Joko

Joko New Member

U can use iBrick or iphonebrowser (search by googling). But I think your iPod Touch must be jailbroken. Plus maybe u need to install BSD subsystem first and openSSH, but I don't know for sure 'cause I used iphonebrowser after I installed those apps(through wifi).
  5. Joker

Joker New Member

ok, thx ill tell you if any work. C ya...
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    FYI - the iPod Touch does NOT support disk mode like previous generations of the iPod. Doesn't mount on the desktop either...

As to the jailbreak, I believe if you can just get on Wi-Fi for the TIFF exploit to kill Safari, you can then do the rest without the Wi-Fi. I even remember someone talking about how to do it without it entirely, but I can't find it anymore...
  7. Joko

Joko New Member

Or you can use Touch Copy, not a freeware so u have to buy it. It can be used for virgin iPod touch (not jailbroken). But it has limited acces on ipod touch, i think it only opens var/root/Media. And u can access your music library then copy it to PC. Since it's not a freeware I don't use it anymore (15 days trial). With iphonebrowser I have full access in my ipod touch (root).
  8. SerkanSepil

SerkanSepil New Member

9. RHK313

RHK313 Member

I use iPhoneBrowser 1.4 it is the best for adding themes or images to customize and adding folders all using USB.
    You can get it here http://www.iphone4world.com/?p=62