Access iPod files

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ben471, Oct 20, 2007.

1. ben471

ben471 New Member

So I DID do a seacrch for this and found nothing. I'm trying to access the files in the iPod(jailbroken) to change some different things such as icons, text "slide to unlock", but I just don't know how. I followed a tutorial on youtube to add iphone apps and in the process I downloaded a CuteFTP 8 Professional. So I have successfully edited these files but I'm having problems with this program.
    I've read a lot about people adding files so I was wondering how you are doing this.
    Thanks!!!
  2. punisherawr

punisherawr New Member

since you successfully added iphone apps to your ipod i assume that you know how to ftp into your ipod

if you dont, then i suggest you do some more searching...

if you can connect to your ipod through ftp the rest is here to change the "slide to unlock" text

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31596&postcount=3

NOTE: i found that link in the ultimate guide, so you didnt search well enough
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

I am trying to ftp into it but it will not let me. I keep getting a connection error. At one point I was able to ftp, that stopped working, and now with a different program(found in the utimate guide) I am getting the same error. I know the ip address is correct, aswell and the username and password.
  4. Shade

Shade New Member

did you set the permissions to 755?
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

when I was adding files, yes, I changed all permissions to 755. My problem now is that when I open the program to FTP to my ipod it will not connect to my ipod. It says that there is a connection error but i did not change the ip address or anyother settings from when i was able to ftp.
  6. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmmm

when you say FTP are you using plane FTOP or are you using sFTP.. only the latter will work.
  7. ben471

ben471 New Member

resolved but unsure

Success!! I was using sFTP or I'm pretty sure I was, anyway I re-installed the FTP software and and it worked. Still not sure what was going on but it's working for me now. Thank you all for your help!
  8. Max

Max New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I might state the obvious but the ipod has to be on, not in sleep mode or it wont read!

Please Register or Log in to view images