accelerometer screwy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hackboy25, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Hackboy25

Hackboy25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My accelerometer seems a bit strange. Like, games such as Biiball, labyrinth, or even aurora feint have problems with the accelerometer whenever my ipod is just lying flat. Biiball: the ball moves all over the place, labyrinth:the ball moves, even though it should be staying still (this is without calibration, of course) and for aurora feint, if I lay it down, the blocks should only be rising, I'm assuming, but my blocks flip from top to bottom to top again, many times.

Is this normal?
  2. FreeMyiPodTouch

FreeMyiPodTouch New Member

First, have you tried restoring your firmware yet?

If that doesn't fix anything then it could be a hardware problem and you might want to get it looked at by Apple.
  3. Hackboy25

Hackboy25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, It's been doing this for the past 3 or 4 firmwares, ever since 2.0 came out. I noticed it first when I was playing aurora feint back in June, but always thought that was part of the game, but I saw a thread on the 2G ipod touch thread, and that caused me to question the accelerometer.

And trust me, I've restored 2.1 like 5 times already, mostly on accident when pondering whether I should pwn or not, always backing out whenever I enter DFU
  4. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would get it replaced if it is still under warrenty. apples pertty good about it. well, im not so sure about that yet. i applied to get mine replaced cuz the home button broke and they sent me a box to mail it to them which i have not done yet. i got the box today.
  5. Hackboy25

Hackboy25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have a lot of people been having this issue?
    and I'm probably going to go in to the store in a few weeks. I'm too busy at the moment with school. And I'd rather drive to the store and get a replacement there than to send it in and have to pay 40$ for shipping.