Accelerometer Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeanPocketTouch, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had my iPod touch 3G since September and it has been working fine except for the brightness sensor if you saw my other thread about that but recently I've been having a problem with the accelerometer that occurred 2 days ago and it continues to persist. When the is was using my iPod like normal in Safari the accelerometer was working and then I went to reply to a message in BeejiveIM and the apps wouldn't turn to landscape when I turned the iPod sideways. I thought nothing of it and just typed it vertically and then I went back to Safari and it wouldn't return to landscape again so I went back to BeejiveIM and when i opened the app it froze the iPod until a pinwheel popped up and spun around for about 3-5 minutes until it shut off and turned back on leaving me to boot it with Blackra1n. I booted it and the accelerometer worked and then about a half hour later the same thing happened again and has been happening all the time now and the problem won't go away. If anyone else is having these problems or can tell me what I can do to fix them It would be very much appreciated.
  2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I don't have this problem but I could think of a solution. Try first other apps that need the use of an accelerometer. If it's not working it's probably the software then you would need to restore. If you still have this problem then you have to take it back to Apple.
  3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmm... thats weird. dont restore yet. i hate it when people tell you to restore ur ipod. restoring is not exactly EASY and u have to account for the data loss and the JB. Restores on average take me 2 hours on my 3G and 5 hours on my 1G. Don't open BeeJive and see if it works. Use iM+ instead and see if it causes the same problems. BeeJive is better, but it may have its problems. Did u legally acquire BeeJive? Maybe thats the problem. ( 80% of BeeJive owners got it illegally ).
  4. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It works after it crashes and turns off after I reboot with blackra1n but only for a while and when it stops working it won't work in games or anything and then after it stops working I ignore it and continue using my iPod and l'll go to open an app and since I use beejive the most that's usually the app that I open when it freezes on the splash screen and shuts off.

Edit: BeejiveIM was purchased legally. I always have an iTunes card laying around lol. I'm not restoring, I'll just wait it out or put it back in the box and use my 1G.
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Have you tried any other apps that would use the accelerometer?