Accelerometer problem? Using Labyrinth to test

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katakonik, Oct 16, 2008.

1. katakonik

katakonik New Member

After reading some threads about accelerometer problems, I decided to test mine out. I am not sure if mine is "broken" or not, but I'm using Labyrinth to test.

I'm wondering, should the ball be still (not moving at all) if you have your Touch lying flat on a table? Because the ball keeps on moving to the right (straight line) for mine when I have my Touch flat on a table. However, once I actually play the game, the accelerometer responds fine. Is it just the game? Can anyone else test this for me to see if the ball moves to the right by default.
  2. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im guessing accelerometers differ. I jsut tested it and it went slowly to the topr right (but it was really slow). You might have a problem but i dont think it should be a big deal. If it does prove a problem you should go to the apple store or something.
  3. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

I had problems with Labyrinth Lite, but after recalibrating the accelerometer in the Settings menu, it worked well. But it does move slightly when it's sitting flat - I think the application itself just kind of sucks.
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay what you need to do is lay your 2g iPod Touch on a flat surface. Now, open up Labyrinth or Labyrinth LE and click settings. No matter where the littl bubbles on the level are, click calibrate. Now click play and select your level pack the ball should stay still.

If it does not stay still then you may have minor accelerometer issues. This method is very reliable so I recommend using it.
  5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Slight variations can send the accelerometer out of whack. Just because you think the desk is flat doesn't mean it is. Unless you use a level, it's not guaranteed.
  6. joroto

joroto New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oscillation may be normal, depending on app programmer.

The accelerometer output is constantly oscillating. The application programmers have to take this into consideration and buffer the output if necessary.

John
  7. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If its very noticable, try a DFU Restore to an official firmware.

If its still sketchy, see if your limited warranty (2 yrs) is still covered.

Brand new iPod? Why Not.