Accelerometer Application List

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by brandon311, Oct 19, 2007.

1. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Available Applications:

This is a neat little app. Arrange the numbers in order by tilting your phone.

Available via Installer and their site

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ants

Ants is a nifty little game which, when launched, lets ants roam all over your iPhone screen as you do your normal iPhone stuff. They react to shaking, and are afraid of death - if you squash one, the rest move away.

It turns off when your iPhone goes to the lock screen. Pretty fun, actually!

Available via pxl and their site.

Sensors

Sensors, another app by Erica Sadun, shows a live display of what the iPhone accelerometer is sensing in the iPhone. Useful for developing accelerometer based games/apps.

Available via iBrickr/Breezy, Installer, and natetrue’s site.

Balls

Balls is a proof of concept game letting you tilt the iPhone around to move a ball on the screen.

Available via iBrickr/Breezy, Installer, and their site.

2. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Butterfly

Here comes a fun one by Erica Sadun. Butterfly is actually a very cool app - the first game I’ve seen which uses the accelerometer to enhance game play. Its actually a great tool to show off how cool your iPhone is.

To use it, install via Installer.app, start it up, and then lay the iPhone flat in your hand. The butterflies will float around the screen, you can move the net by tilting the iPhone in the direction you want the net to go. The net and butterfly just have to touch in order for it to count as a “catch.” Great job, Erica! I’m very interested to see the fun games this will spawn. I can envision a lot of cool maze games, etc… like the old ones where you had to tilt the toy to get the ball through the various obstacles. Fun times.

Sketches

Jot down your notes and drawings. Shake like an etch-a-sketch to erase.

Corridor

In Corridor, you are the pilot of a ship traveling through a tunnel at an ever increasing speed. The goal is to travel as far as possible without crashing. Along the way you will come across sections of the tunnel that are constricted either horizontally or vertically. You must rotate the ship so that it will fit through these sections of the tunnel.

3. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pedometer

Counts the number of steps you take.

Crossy

A snow globe with beautiful Swiss alps background. Just turn your iphone or better yet shake it to see some cool snow (I mean crossy) falls.

iSaber

Saber makes light saber noises when you move your iPhone around. I’m sure future versions will have some nifty graphics, but right now its just showing the accelerometer output…

Available via Installer.

Labyrinth

Labyrinth is the iPhone version of the classic game where you control a steel ball by tilting a wooden labyrinth. It is controlled by the iPhone accelerometer and is, as far as I know, the first iPhone game rendered using OpenGL ES.

Tilt

The first motion controlled game for the iPhone.

http://www.xeodesign.com/games/tilt/

iEightBall

Magic Eight Ball web app.

http://www.ieightball.com/

Pig Shooter

http://www.spiffytech.com/games/pigshooter/

I might have missed some. If so, let me know and I'll add them.

Thanks