iOS 4.0 Absurd Battery Life

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thechicken, Aug 9, 2010.

1. thechicken

thechicken Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    With Wifi on, nothing in the background, not multitasking, I can watch my battery deplete by the minute. Ridiculous. Any tips?
    All power saving options are in effect, (push notifications, bluetooth, email, brightness, etc.)
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    how old and what gen is it? maybe a bad battery
  3. thechicken

thechicken Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    2g 8GB iOS4 jailbroken, it was perfectly fine on 3.1.3, the battery lasted about a week without charging and lots of use. Just found out a 2 minute song playing from the speaker depletes about 2% of the battery.......
    EDIT: Got it for christmas of '09
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well i think ios4 uses more battery. and wow a week? mine couldnt go one day. my iphone doesnt even last over 4 or 5 hours unless im constantly doing things to save battery. maybe you just use it more than before.

Also, use airplane mode when its not in use becuase on ios4 wifi runs when locked. my ipod always had airplane mode active when it was locked. SBSettings could save time.
  5. thechicken

thechicken Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I am using it about the same, before on 3.1.3 i would just lock it, and unlock it the next day with the battery at the same percentage, but now if i do that the % is about 10% lower than what i left it at. Wifi was off the entire time locked

EDIT: I do have SBSettings and I have had airplane mode on all the time (don't see why not to have it on..)
  6. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Is the depletion real? I mean does the ipod really run out of juice and shuts down? It could be a case of the battery not properly reporting its charge level correctly, and may not necessarily mean your ipod is being drained. Try leaving it on until it shuts down to check.
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I've noticed really bad battery life lately as well. However, I'm positive it has been gradual, so the battery is just dying. The thing that really bothers me is that my iPod isn't a year old yet (got it launch day, September of '09). So I'm not sure what's up with that. But still. I'll be buying iPod touch 4, so I'll ship this one in when I've gotten a replacement.
  8. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Sounds like a hardware issue.I'd get that sent in.
  9. S1xtyG33K

S1xtyG33K Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hardware issue. I would get it to the Apple.
  10. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I hope that Apple will fix the battery issues in their next firmware update. Seems to be a problem with both the accuracy of the battery indicator and power consumption itself. Definitely a regression from 3.1.3