Absolutely Baffeling WIFI problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theneva, Jan 12, 2008.

1. theneva

theneva New Member

So I just got an Ipod touch, jailbroken, 1.1.2. The wifi worked fine all night yesterday, and today morning as well. However, out of no where, the wifi started dancing in and out. It connects, but doesn't do anything. The bars keep coming and going. I'm pretty sure it is not a range problem, because I am sitting 2 feet from my wireless access point. I know for a fact that I also supplied the correct WPA key. What I really don't understand is how something that was working absolutely fine starts behaving like this.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
  2. hackjack

hackjack New Member

wifi iffy

try deleting some apps you may have installed, see how wifi reacts then if back to normal reinstall your apps one by one. I took me an age to figure that one out

Please Register or Log in to view images

.good luck neighbour, hope this helps.
  3. theneva

theneva New Member

Hey hackjack,

I tried your advice and ended up uninstalling everything, but still no go. The wifi bar next to iPod on the top left still comes and goes. Did you do anything other than that? Thanks for your help!
  4. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Unplug your router and plug it back in... Your router is probably just being stupid... Mine does this all the time, if I am using it it will be fine, then if I dont use it for like 2 days it will be slow as hell and jump around... Then i restart it and it works fine...
  5. theneva

theneva New Member

Ok, just wondering though, is it just your iPod that does not work, or do your other wireless devices also not work before you replug your router? My laptop is working just fine. Just wondering. Thanks.
  6. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

They work fine, its just my iPod that is slow and jumps around. My comp is connected via ethernet cable to my router, im not 100% sure about my laptop cause I dont use it much

Please Register or Log in to view images

but I know my iPod has trouble connecting to my router if I havent connected to it in a while.
  7. theneva

theneva New Member

Thanks HaGGardSmruf, that did the trick. I just didn't suspect that it could be the router because my laptop wireless was still fine. Thanks again!
  8. Faktor4

Faktor4 Active Member

My suggestion:

Restore your iPod.

Try again.