absinthe "could not connect to lockdownd" problem?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pingu777, May 27, 2012.

1. pingu777

pingu777 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So I've tried jailbreaking my 3rd gen ipod but halfway through it said "could not connect to lockdownd." I looked it up on other sites but they said for me to "reset all content and settings." But on my ipod it only says "reset all settings" and "erase all content and settings." Which one do I choose?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    The second option.
  3. javedpatel

javedpatel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, the second option 'Erase all Content and Settings'. I got the same problem saying 'could not connect to lockdownd' when jailbreaking. I was using iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 with absinthe 2.0.2 with Windows 7 32-bit. First of all what you have to do is before jailbreaking back up your iPhone using iTunes. Then after you have backed it up go to your iDevice and select Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. Open absinthe and ensure you are still connected to your computer via USB. Then click jailbreak and wait. Once you have jailbroken your iDevice return to iTunes then right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore from Back Up..' then select the latest backup you created before. Hope that helps. :) For more info visit http://greenpois0n.com/?p=324