iOS 4.1 About to Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iTouchEC, Oct 10, 2010.

1. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, getting ready to jb with LimeRa1n.

1. I made a backup via iTunes, before I jailbreak do I have to do a reset to factory settings, or can I leave my currents apps on my Touch?

2. Just downloaded LimeRa1n onto my computer, do I just simply plug in my touch, and hit make it rain? Do I have to have iTunes opened? And do I have to be using my primary computer? My backup is on another computer, can I jailbreak on a different computer?

3. Do I have to save my SHSH blobs?

Sorry, I've never jail broken a device before, and I've never had a touch, so bear with me.

I just don't wanna mess this up.
  2. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    U should back up ur ipod first. then restore (recommended, but u dont have to). then click make it ra1n. u can save ur blobs. recommended if u might downgrade in the future.

***HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO RESTORE FIRST IF YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE ALL DATA
  3. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. They say to restore, but I didn't and it worked fine for me.
    2. Yes, but then it will give you directions to press and hold the power and home buttons, then to release the power, it is easy, just do what it says. It will open iTunes, so it doesn't matter if you do or don't. You can jailbreak on another computer, yes.
    3. You don't have to save your blobs, but you should if you haven't yet. You want them so you can downgrade later on.
  4. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just installed TinyUmbrella, plugged my device in and tried to save my blobs. It was trying and then said your SHSH for iPod4 4.1 was NOT saved...hmm. Do I have to Jailbreak before using TinyUmbrella?

EDIT: it says "Is your firewall blocking me?" Do I have to go to advanced options and click Request from Apple? Right now I'm requesting from Cydia, but do I have to have Cydia installed on my ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah, I'm about ready to just jailbreak without saving my SHSH even though I'm guessing this isn't recommended. Can I save my SHSH after I jailbreak or no?
  5. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    t=you have to save from apple. and yes you can save shsh after jb
  6. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, it worked when I clicked Apple, so once it says it's been cached, I can go ahead and close down TinyUmbrella and do the LimeRa1n?
  7. rickuk

rickuk Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes once you have backed up your shsh files you can close unbrella
    open itunes and let it finish its sync then run limera1n (leave itunes running)