About to give up! Please sombody help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leo.kosman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. leo.kosman

leo.kosman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello there my problem is i have an Itouch 1st gen 8gb was on 1.1.5f I update normally with itunes to 3.1.2. After a couple days the ipod start not working, need to reboot until the point to look for something else!
    I tryed to jailbreak, i mount the new FW using Winpwn for a 2.2 or 2.0 FW but on my winpwn during show a lot of error msgs, like stuff not found and itunesmobiledevice.dll something wrong 2!
    So i put on DFU mode and im trying just to make it work doesn't matter how and what FW i'll use i just want to make it go back to work!
    Now sometimes turn on untill the linux pinguin on the ipod screen then turns of!
    The itunes can see the ipod but doesn't restore at all! ! ! With or without hold shift!
    What should I do?
    Help please!

Ipod Touch 1st Gen 8Gb
    Itunes 9.0.2.25
    Winpwn 2.5
    Windows 7 Enterprise
  2. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    okay i dont kno if this will work but im pretty sure. completely uninstall itunes and then download a brand new fresh itunes. reboot your computer. then download your ipod firmware from HERE. select 3.1.2 in the scroll menu and make sure it says ipod touch 1st generation. download it! after it is finished, go to my documents. then go to tools on the top menu bar and select folder options. go to the view tab and scroll down until you see 'hide extensions for known filetypes' make sure that is UNCHECKED!!! then close documents and rename your downloaded firmware. rename the .zip part to .ipsw

it should say something like 'warning, changing the extension could blah blah blah. just say okay and then the icon of the firmware should change.

now you got the fresh itunes and the fresh firmware. no you have to put your ipod into DFU mode. not recovery mode. DFU MODE! HERE

ur ipod should be plugged in to itunes while your doing this^^^

now in itunes, ur ipod should show up. but ur ipod would look like it was off. simply shift restore to the new renamed firmware and wait for it to finish. that should prob. work. tell me if anything happens, or if you get an error.

your welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. leo.kosman

leo.kosman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for your post but, doesn't work!
    New itunes, download the firmware and renamed shift+restore and nothing work, get stuk on preparing ipod to restore as soon the ipod reboot by it self!
    What should I do?

By the way just work for like 5 minutes then my ipod turned off! and go to recovery mode!

So i'm still stuck!

Help please!