about to cry, sync related.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by iJoshx, Dec 6, 2007.

1. iJoshx

iJoshx New Member

okay, so i downgraded my ipod touch to 1.1.1 and then did the jailbreak from jailbreakme.com and that went fine. i plugged the ipod back into my comp and that was all good. but i went to plug it in again and now it doesnt work. and i get something in the bottom saying new hardware installed and then it says unknown device. im so upset right now because i just did the reset all content thinking it might fix my problems, but it didnt. ive tried the reset computer, reset the ipod, i think i even tried the emergency restore(i think i did it wrong though). i just want my music and videos back, i dont care about the jailbreak anymore! people PLEASE help me, a sad little 15 year old boy lol.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Calm down...

do you have a friend with iTunes?
  3. iJoshx

iJoshx New Member

ummm yeah lol but idk when i can see them. is there anything i can do on my comp?? when i get it back to the plug into itunes screen, it does nothing.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

if you restored wrong then go back and try again. and like said above, calm down.
  5. iJoshx

iJoshx New Member

so can u guys give me a step by step of what to do? plz.
  6. iJoshx

iJoshx New Member

i have the screen with the connect to iTunes on my ipod screen, but its now plugged into my computer and its not doing anything =/ should i bring it back?
  7. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Tried restarting your computer?..

First do that, unplug your iPod and then when your computer is back up again from the restart, load iTunes and then plug in your iPod, it should recognize it. If not then it may be your plug connection, try it on a different computer.
  8. herebos

herebos New Member

try to uninstall itunes and reinstall itunes 7.4. this solved my problem
  9. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

restoring always fixes my problems, but youll have to put everything back on their, witch wont be much of a problem unless u have saved games like for gba or nes
    make sure u did the restore thing the plug it back into itunes
  10. iJoshx

iJoshx New Member

and the tears are GONE. i put the usb cable in ALL the slots and one of them worked! the ipod is syncing right now. im so thrilled!! thanks for the help everyone, and most of all GEEKSQUAD!!