About to buy my First Ipod and Ipod Case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by toastedpenguin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. toastedpenguin

toastedpenguin New Member

So I'm about to buy my first Ipod. I have never really had a need for one in the past as I listen to most of my music on my home computer or through MP3-CD in my car stereo.

Lately, the new Ipod Touch recently was released. Playback for all my videos and music, as well as an inbuilt speaker, internet and practically a game console... I couldn't resist.

After reading MANY reviews it appears that the most popular case is the SwitchEasy RebelTouch. I would love to purchase this case but it isn't avaliable in my country (New Zealand).

So my next two choices, based on ratings and reviews I saw on the internet were the Griffin Reflect and the Incase Slider.

I'm really torn between these two cases. I like them both but I think the fact the Slider is a two-part case is a bit pointless and the fact it doesn't come with a screen protector is a bit of a let down. The Griffin Reflect has a chrome finish around the screen which is a nice touch (no pun intended).

I haven't seen either case in person to know which one to buy? Any suggestions? Or a different case which is better?

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incase-slider-case-for-ipod-touch-2g/

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/griffin-reflect-for-ipod-touch-2g/
  2. briang191

briang191 New Member

its really a toss up on these two I plan on buying both at the apple store and testing them each for about a week. Im going with the slider and crystal clear film first
  3. XTerryX

XTerryX New Member

I just ordered a PDO topskin for 2G, last year, it got a A- review on Ilounge. I like it because it covers almost every surface except the screen. So no dust and stuff..
  4. skitchbeatz

skitchbeatz New Member

5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    the rebeltouch is supposed to be the shizz as of right now so i recommend that if you can get it
  6. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did u even read what he wrote
    wow
    i personally hate cases..kills the look..i would go with some film protection for scratches only
    but if u insist on a case then id go with the slider
  7. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

go for the 2nd one, it looks really nice.

never seen better.
  9. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the slider case for my 2G touch, and I love it. It feels good, it looks good, and my iPod fits perfectly inside it. I didn't like how Incase has a $10 shipping and handling fee...but I suppose it is all worth it to keep my precious baby in the best possible casing.

I took pics, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I will tomorrow hopefully.

Bitter.
  10. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I use the Griffin Reflect myself. All I have to say is I prefer this over the RebelTouch which I ended up giving away after I got this. It's a fairly decent price, gives great coverage and protection, and fits perfectly. The screen film it comes with is decent and cleans very easily. The back rubber is very slick and is very easy to remove from your pocket. I haven't tried the slider, but my friend has it and he wants to trade my Reflect for it. I personally would suggest the Reflect.