About time for a...

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by JoeyB, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    New modem. My modem has started randomly over heating and dropping my internet. At least I assume it's caused by overheating, because I've opened it up when it happens and its on fire. In the past few minutes its overheated at least 5 times.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a Siemens SpeedStream 4200, we've used it for about 4 years. I've never really had to change modems, so when I get a new one, all I have to do is plug it up, hook up the Ethernet cable etc, then enter the PPPoE log in information correct? At this moment, my modem is now setting on the air vent on the floor for central air and heat...
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My modem is so annoying aswell, it just dies alllll the time and i have to re-boot it like 5 times a day...
  3. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Meh, I think I can get another one of these modems for free, but I'm unsure, I'd have to call WindStream, and see... When really thats not even my job considering I don't pay for it or anything...
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    get a motorola router, and hook it up to an airport extreme, and extend the network with an airport express...
  5. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    lulz cant