About the wi-fi connectivity.. (nintendo DS)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Dec 27, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, so I know when you're on wi-fi, you can connect to the internet.

But then i just realized. I used to have a nintendo DS, which also had wi-fi. I used it to play multiplayer games with my friends, connecting wirelessly (wi-fi) WITHOUT the need of a router or wi-fi connection near by.

Those who have/had a DS would know what im talking about. You only need 2 DS's and they will be able to connect wirelessly, on like maybe pictochat or a multiplayer game.

So my question is.. Can the ipod touch/iphone connect like this? If it's possible, is it possible to create games that lets us play wirelessly (with other ipod touch's nearby) through wifi without the need of a connection or router?
  2. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that's a good question. i had a ds a while ago, but never really used the wifi thing on it.
    i believe the ds uses a network like how a cell phone uses one since the ds network wasn't available everywhere. so i think it was like a cell bcuz you don't need to connect to a network on the phone, and neither do you need to connect to it with the ds.
  3. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    DS to DS would be an AdHoc network.
  4. frogman

frogman New Member

I don't think its possible, but there could be a third party app for this.
  5. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm.. is it possible? For the construction of a third party app for Adhoc network.

If it is, it would enrich the ipod touch/iphone experience greatly.
    You would be able to send pictures to each other, go into chatrooms (if any apps were made for the purpose) and finally play multiplayer games.