About "quickpwn.com"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Daedalus, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Daedalus

Daedalus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm sure you've all seen it: quickpwn.com

Here's the scoop on it:
    [4:11pm] <poorlad>The so-called 'QuickPwn Jailbreak Edition' isn't authorised by anyone and is a hack
    [4:11pm] <evan>what is it?
    [4:12pm] <Daedalus>Yeah
    [4:12pm] <Daedalus>What poorlad said.
    [4:12pm] <poorlad>Highly unsupported and personally I think it's irresponsible to be remaking official applications without any indication that they're not an official release

The release made at the above website is not endorsed by poorlad or the DevTeam, and the site is just a rehash and could pose dangerous for your use. Only use releases from the DevTeam themselves, when posted on the blog.
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It sucks that my name is on this, because I respect the Dev Team.
    I released my patches for the iPod and thanked the people who made this possible; the Dev Team.
    Of course, I only released the patches because they didn't allow for unofficial applications to be used, and I thought some might actually find AFC2 useful.
    Let me make it clear that I am not affiliated with whoever published this website and didn't expect that my patches would help anything, because I wasn't aware of the MobileInstallation patch.
    They were only meant for those who wanted to take a look around 2.1, not to step on the Dev Team's toes and cause them problems.
  3. taxbax

taxbax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thing is, it works. loving it!
  4. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    people need to remember it only works with the 1G and not the 2G
  5. Daedalus

Daedalus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, that's an important fact as well, and geeb's tut on the xpwn.co.uk site doesn't work for iPod's as well.

Waiting for the DevTeam release of patches and updates is best. Taking shortcut's is the best way to brick your phone or lose all your data on your iPod.
  6. teekaysk8

teekaysk8 New Member

yeah i understand that it's not the real dev team... but it does work... and is probably going to be the official jailbreak anyway (maybe)

but still ... aslong as people understand it's all legal untill they start meddeling with .ipa's then they should be allowed to mess with their ipods.. i for one don't think you should beat yourself up about releasing this jailbreak because it's a great method and it was released in less than a week!!... i think you should be proud that you've got the whole ipod touch community talking about jailbreaking again and make sure they all know the boundaries between legal and illegal and your strict dissaproval of the cracked app hacks
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

always wait for thr dev team, the last time i didnt i used ziphone, and that bricked my touch, so yea it may work, but how long b4 it kills an ipod