about jailbreaking the ipod touch..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by james_park617890, Jan 21, 2008.

1. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

hi i have recently purchased an ipod touch. i was thinking about jailbreaking, however, i have read that jailbreaking does increase your chance of getting the ipod frozen, skipping music or other various glitches or problems, no matter how minute or great the problems are. So i was wondering what kind of problems and glitches people with jailbroken ipods actually encounter to help me if i should jailbreak or not. i have had the touch for about a week now and so far, i haven't had a single problem with ipod touch yet.
  2. d_boggus

d_boggus New Member

I have had my ipod touch for about 5 weeks now and I jailbroke it the day after i got it. During normal ipod activities (music, movies, web browsing) I have not noticed any glitches or problems of any kind. I have had some apps that where added through Installer.app crash (just the app closing unexpectedly). Most of the stuff on Installer.app is still a work in progress so you need to expect some bugs. With that said, the people that work on this stuff are doing a great job of bringing us good apps for free. I would recommend jailbreaking. It can add great functionality and lots of fun to your ipod.