About FontSwap

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by limisopop, May 17, 2009.

1. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I know where fontswap is by ssh (system>library>fontswap) . I was wondering if I could manually place fonts on there. I looked at it and I saw an info.plist next to the specific font. Can I just make a new folder and place my specific font there, without the info.plist? I don't wanna get swod or nothing
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm i've never used fontswap before but there is a way to change the font straight thru ssh (not going to fontswap's folder)

just navigate to systems/font/cache and replace helvetica.ttf and helveticabold.ttf with the font u want

i find it easier this way than fontswap and a lot of ppl seem to be having trouble with it but ssh way is easier imo
  3. ʈ σ η y

ʈ σ η y New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can't just drag your custom fonts in.
    They must be ported to be able to work in the iPhone OS.
  4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes that's true. sorry i just assumed that was a given since most fonts u are going to find on iphone/ipod touch forums will be ported so that it can be used.

thanks for clarifying that
  5. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, I know how to do that. But that's not what I'm asking. Fontswap has several fonts like Calibri, Helvetica, Neotech, Myriad Pro, etc.

Suppose I am at school and I have the urge to change from helvetica to fontin sans.

But I don't have fontin sans on font swap.

Can I put fontin sans on fontswap through ssh? It is ported and I know will not mess it up. But when I look through the fontswap fonts, they have helvetica.ttf, helveticabold.ttf. I have that. However, there is something else called info.plist.

What I'm saying is that can I put a font like fontin sans on fontswap through ssh without that info.plist?

Hope I made it clear
  6. ʈ σ η y

ʈ σ η y New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes you can.
  7. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch