About Applications

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ceapy, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone. I just bought 2 apps for $6 and I can't transfer them to my ipod.
    I downloaded the applications on itunes on a computer and not into my ipod touch since there was no wifi.
    And now I can't put those applications onto my ipod touch. So is there a way to get those apps onto my ipod touch without syncing those 2 apps and deleting my other apps?
    Like can you go onto the account (in your ipod touch)on which you downloaded the apps on the computer and redownload them into your ipod touch for free since you already paid for them?
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm not following you. You said you downloaded the apps "on a computer". What computer? A computer that isn't your iPod's "home" computer? Care to elaborate more?

The only thing I can suggest is going to download those apps through the App Store on the iPod, and maybe if you click "purchase" it will say "You have already purchased this item. Click OK to download it again" -- that's what it does in iTunes, so it might do it in the App Store via the iPod.
  3. ceapy

ceapy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Ipod is Manage music and videos manually. So it doesn't have a "home" computer. I can just download whichever songs I like on my friends computers.
    I just need an internet connection to confirm that. Thanks. cya.
  4. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but you can't sync songs from two different computers as far as i know...
  5. jp!

jp! New Member

I'm pretty sure you can sync songs from many computers as long as you check the thing that says you manually take care if them.
    For the apps, what I do is just sync them and it asks if you want to delete the current apps in your ipod and replace them for those on itunes, OR sync them and put ipod apps in the computer, and computer apps in the iPod..

I hope you'll figure it out
  6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know this is kinda off topic, but you can't sync songs from different computers. You can only sync from one computer at a time. If you try, it will say that you have to restore, even if you manually sync songs.