about apple's warranty and apple's service

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robinenrique, Apr 17, 2008.

1. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

so i have a bricked ipod touch, i cant do anything with it. my home button key is broken and i jailbreaked it so i could try and add an app called click once that brings out the home key to every app. but the jailbreak got wrong (i did it with ziphone) and now everytime i turn on my ipod (i let the battery die) i just get the NO BATTERY picture. but when i give it a few tries with my ipod plugged to my pc it shows the apple symbol and start looping like if it was jailbreaking but then stops and doesnt do anything (the screen only shows a kind of cmd thing with lots of white scripts and symbols) so i have two questions.

the first one nobody has answer it yet so ill give it another try: is there a way to restore my ipod if itunes doesnt recognize it? and of course remember i cant do the HOME + SLEEP/WAKE restart thing because my home button is completely broken? i did try ziphone but i didnt try iphuc nor the bootloader cause i cant find it over the internet..

and the second one is: if i take it to an apple store to ask for my warranty, what exactly would they do? plug it to itunes and see if itunes recognize it? give it a few turn on tries? or what? what do i have to say? that my home button is broken and then they wont check any turn on thing?, because maybe if they turn it on the NO BATTERY picture will appear, but if they continue trying to turn it on maybe the Jailbreak loops will appear and i think they wont give me my warranty if they see i jailbreaked it, but maybe if they just push down my home button theyll see that the home button is broken and they wont do anything else?, i have to say that i live in venezuela, so i have to send my ipod with a friend of mine that is going to the usa so idk..and another thing, what do i need to take to the apple store? only my ipod and they check out my warranty with the s/n? because i lost my amazon's bill..

hey thanks a lot to everyone and i love this forum, people really seem to help everyone.

cheers..
  2. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The fact that your home button is enough for apple to replace it for you. But if it is jailbroken right now, you need to restore. Use iLiberty+to put it in restore mode so itunes can recognize it. I had a fuggled home button and got a fresh, new iPod two days ago

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

You can review Apple's warranty in the little booklet that came with the iPod Touch. I read it over after reading/replying to your last thread and it's a bit iffy. The problem did not arise from any software you modified or installed on your iTouch - if it did then it wouldn't be covered by warranty. However since it is a hardware issue that came about because of faulty hardware and not software you should be able to send it back.

There's no harm in sending it off or going to an Apple store to see what they say - the home button doesn't work, so all they have to do is press the home button and if nothing happens...then it's broken and they should replace it.

After reading some more I believe iLiberty+ can put your iPod into restore mode without need of the home button
  4. Shariqqqqq

Shariqqqqq New Member

Yeah use iLiberty ZiPhone put my ipod into the whole script root once. I just installed iLiberty, booted into restore, restored and jailbroke it.
  5. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if it wont start up, there is no way for thhem to know it is jailbroken ESPECIALLY if your home button is broken. Bring it into the apple store, and tell them your home button broke so you tried to restore but then you got that screen.
  6. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

thanks for your support.

question. i just downloaded iliberty+, so how exactly can i restore my ipod? i cant seem to find any option, the only one is the dfu mode and restore mode but i cant click on them.

thank you very much..
  7. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

actually it can start up but after like one minute plugged in the pc, then the screen shows a lot oof script from ziphone.

thank you very much.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try switching USB ports or unplug everything from the USB ports and restart your computer. Then plug it back in and retry. If iTunes doesn't pick up your ipod then chances are nothing els will.
  9. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq New Member

I have not used iLiberty, so I'm unsure how it would do it however I know that with iLiberty+ it tells you to have itunes running in the background
  10. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

ok, but how did you exactly do that? because itunes doesnt recognize my ipod nor iliberty+. and remember i cant boot my ipod into restore because i dont have the home key..could u explain me how to use iliberty? maybe im doing something wrong..