About 3.1.3 jailbreaking SHSH blob

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipdo, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ipdo

ipdo New Member

ok now i have a ipod touch 3g with 3.1.3 on it and i can not get the shsh blob but you think its a bad idea to jailbreak without the shsh blob? Is there any updates i should now about
  2. itechnoguy

itechnoguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need the SHSH blobs usually only for downgrading (like from iOS 4.1 to 4.0), but it's always good to be on the safe side. If you want to cache them, use TinyUmbrella.
  3. ipdo

ipdo New Member

what will cache them do?
  4. itechnoguy

itechnoguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it will save your shsh blobs so that you can downgrade (or even maybe upgrade or jailbreak safely) later. What happens is that apple used to let people "sign" an old iOS like 3.1.3 so that they could go back to it in case something bad happened in iOS 4, but they stopped allowing that. So, for instance, if I didn't cache the shsh blobs for ios 3.1.3, and i upgraded to ios 4.0, then i tried to go back to 3.1.3, it won't let me. If i do cache them, then itunes will let me go back to 3.1.3
    (Sorry if that was confusing.)
    Anyways, if my explanation didn't help, try this (before you jailbreak):
    http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/tinyumbrella-save-iphone-ipod-touch-ipads-shsh-blobs
    Good luck!
  5. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Im pretty sure if you havent saved the 3.1.3 blobs then it is too late to save them, have you been jailbroken before?
  6. itechnoguy

itechnoguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iSn0w,
    This is just a guess, but i don't think he jailbroke it before. He said he didn't jailbreak his ipod yet since he wasn't sure about caching SHSH blobs...
  7. ipdo

ipdo New Member

the ipod is not jailbroken yet but this is what i get when i use tinyumbrella
  8. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Well then jailbreak your ipod with spirit, enjoy it, by the time you modify it enough to screw over the firmware hopefully there will be a jailbreak for 4.1 and you can just upgrade
  9. ipdo

ipdo New Member

Is there even a jailbreak out on ipod touch 3g on firmware 4.0